Thursday, June 7, 2012

My 1st day in Australia

So at last I have reached the country of kangaroos, but I haven't seen any kangaroos along the way from Mel airport up to here.

Just some memories of my arrival at the airport. I was stopped by the airport custom officers. I was asked to open my suitcases and answer their questions and also I was "asked" to translate a conversation between them and a Vietnamese man, who was in the same situation with mine. But at that time I knew that I would be all right because I was confident about my luggage ha ha ha. Anyway I tried to be very nice and obediently followed their orders. Just a good chance for me to practice my poor English skills :)

Finally I was released! Phew it's not that strict as I thought but made me nervous though!

....

Then I tried to find a way to get out of that security checking room. Reaching out, I saw my friends standing in crowds. Some people holding the sign "To Go To" were counting people...

Some mistakes with names slowed down the airport pick-up service but eventually I was lucky. So an Australian asked us to follow her to her shuttle bus, which she drove to our addresses. That a woman processed everything smoothly and carried us on her bus calmly and skillfully made me very amazed and impressed.

That was also my 1st impression about Australia!

...

I was the last person getting off her bus. She even helped me to move my luggage off the bus. She even knew much about Vietnam to talk to me about it!... She left an impression of warm hospitality on me!

That's was a rainy day and Australian appeared a peaceful place to me at that time.

I said thanks and good bye to her. I saw a woman sweeping and cleaning up her garden. She saw me and we knew that we would say hello to each other because she was my land lady (chi Huyen).

Whoops! I came in her house...

More to tell in the following entries!...

No comments:

Post a Comment