Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The day before leaving the resort





























Xin chao my friends,

So I have nearly finished my time in Palm Garden Resort because tomorrow morning we will say good bye to this beautiful place to return to Hanoi. It has been a wonderful time over the past 3 days here in the Resort because it has breathtaking beauty.

You will see the beauty of the resort by looking at some photos I took during our break at noon as followings:

This afternoon I went to the beach again for swimming. But what a pity that I could not take any photos of myself because I went to the beach to swim alone. I wanted to have photos of myself swimming in the sea but I could not take the picture by myself.

Luckily after the swimming time in the sea, I went back to the resort swimming pool and swam there. There were some of my colleagues around the swimming pool and they helped to take photos of myself. Here is the pix:

Now I am waiting for the free bus of the resort to come and pick me up to Hoi An town again because I want to buy some sourvernirs for friends and families.

Hope I can think of something funny and interesting to buy but it is not easy because most of things are much available in Hanoi.






Ooh hoo, ooh hoo I have just come back to my room in the resort from the ancient town. I am happy tonight because I have brought many sourvenirs with me from the town: something to attach to the mobile phones that girls may like to have and these things are hand-made by people with disability in Hoi An town, some purses for women, some wooden dolls and a kit of woooden plates on which you put glasses. The special thing about these things is that they are all local products. So maybe they are cheap and have typical characteristics of the locality here.






One more reason was that the shop onwner was very friendly and helpful. She introduced the goods and products to me. She advised what I should buy and what I should not. Finally I decided to purchase all the things I need from her shop only, not from any others.






I met a xe om and he was the man who two times carried me from the town back to the resort. He was talkative but kind-hearted.






And one thing which was different from Hanoi and Hai Phong is that the service providers here will be ok and still smile if you just see their goods, ask them about the prices and go away. In Hanoi and Hai Phong, when you come in a shop to ask for a price or see the goods long long long but you don't buy any from the shop then the shop owner will behave in an unhappy manner to you.






OK, let's see some more pix of myself when I was in the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment