Tuesday, July 14, 2009

sharing after the introduction

Hi, maybe Hong coi and Xuyen may find this sharing interesting!

Yesterday I just returned from a sharing session done by May school in Hanoi. Why was I at the sharing session?

Because I had sent my application to May school and I was contacted to come there to listen to their introduction about the school before deciding to go to next rounds.

I was very much impressed by what they said during the introduction session. They talked about their goal, their students, teachers, recruitment procedure, teaching methods, their strategies to improve their teachers... very interesting. I myself find it professional.

They also said that the fee they collect from their student is very low but student there can learn with native speakers and they never lack students, just lack teachers. The thing by which I was most impressed is the procedure they use to select teachers and train teacher. That's designed professionally.

I just wish in the future I would be able to open a similar one in Kien An. But you know Kien An will have to wait a long time to have parents invest in their English study of their children like in HN. And tons of other difficulties will challenge us!

But you know, if you want to succeed with the job of teaching English, you shouuld focus on one kind of learner only. For example, you just teach English to children. Because each kind of learner require different way of teaching.

Xuyen oi, when I was attending the presentation of May school, I thought of you because if you had opportunity to work in May school, you would learn a lot of things.

But they always have need for teacher. So if you think of going to Hanoi to work in the field of teaching, please contact them.

So this is just for sharing.

hope to get feedback from you,

4 comments:

  1. Dear Thang,
    Thanks a lot 4 yr information! I feel quite interested in the news that u've shared. However, I really need time thinking abt this. Cause I still have st to do in Hp, and, especially, it is my situation (which u haven't been told) that makes me confused; moreover, I don't like the lifestyle in HN or may be it doesn't suit me!
    If only there were such a school in HP!
    But I'll study abt May school.
    Pls let me know abt yr presentation there!
    Wish u succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I just share the information that I think you will be interested in.

    It's up to you to decide what you like and I will be willing to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand all thing you posted for your friends(do you see and have any comment my english ability present,hihi. Let regard me as well as you can) . I firmly ensure that it is worth for friends all to read and searched it. do you agree with me? I think you are free to accept my idea. I wonder whenever you will start coducting your teaching work.once more, I support your idea that maybe you make an own english language school in the near future. maybe I wanna apply for your school. I myself find that I am very excited when thinking of it. hi hi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thanh,

    Thank you for your comments and also thanks for your visiting my blog. I think your English and ideas are great. Thanh, do you like being a teacher? Do you want to become a teacher of English in the future?
    Do you think that I am good at working as a teacher of English? yes or no? Why?
    Please visit my blog more often when you have time. And don't forget to answer my questions!
    Thanks!
    Hope to receive more comments from you!

    ReplyDelete